A project in progress... I made one of these for each of my married children
and added hearts for each of their children with their name and birth year on
them. On the rectangle at the bottom of the tree trunk, I embroidered their last
name and the year they were married (or est.) I will post pictures of this one as
I get it finished. When done, it is a wall hanging, lap quilt or looks nice on
the back of the sofa. I came up with the idea when I was trying to think of
something useful and that went along with genealogy that I copied for my
kids for that same Christmas. When I make items for gifts, I try to have things
that are useful and could become an heirloom, maybe. :) Anyway, a lot of love,
thought and stitches went into these as each piece is hand appliqued/embroidered on. |
Thank you so much for doing these. I am excited to have ours to hang at our home. There would have been many hearts on it, but alas, things don't always work out. We hope to "branch out" soon. Love you, Mom!
ReplyDeleteCami
Cami, don't despair, there will be many hearts eventually! That will be wonderful, won't it? You are welcome! I love making things and sharing them with my family and friends. I love you, too, dear daughter! :)
ReplyDelete