I have always loved the color blue. It is relaxing and peaceful, which is nice sometimes. It's also the color of the sky and it goes on forever, so does my imagination. I love being creative and learning new things. I hope that goes on forever, too.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Valentine's Day
Happy Valentine's Day! It's a great salutation for a special holiday, but everyday should be celebrated with loved ones. Not just one day a year so the companies that promote valentines make money off of our sentiments. I have a hard time with all the commercialism associated with all the holidays. Back when I was a little girl, I remember making our own valentines and doing special things for those we love...even kicking valentines. Kicking valentines meant that you dropped a valentine card sneakily (is that a word?) on the doorstep of a friend or someone special and then running and hiding before the person opened the door. It was supposed to be a secret admirer thing. Half the fun of the whole thing was not getting caught! In school it was fun and exciting making and decorating a card holder to put all the valentines in from fellow students and maybe even that one secret love. As I got older, I looked forward to watching a romantic movie, reading a good love story, or making a special dinner that included something red and heart shaped for the one I love. Now that I'm even older I am happy to just get a greeting card (homemade or store bought), and maybe some chocolates or flowers from my honey. This morning I made pancakes and ham/cheese scrambled eggs for breakfast for the two of us. He bought me a Subway sandwich for lunch and we watched our daily favorite oldie rerun of Rockford Files while we ate it. It was good! We exchanged cards and I gave him a bag of assorted candy and he was happy. Tonight for dinner I'm fixing Taco Soup, as requested by my sweetheart. It's one of his favorites. We will probably have pudding for dessert and watch our usual shows on TV this evening. What more can I ask for? Hurrah for the routine of married life and comfort of consistency! Seriously, it's been a nice Valentine's Day and I even have clean laundry, too, because today is Monday (my regular wash day). Love is in the air!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have to make a correction for the Valentine dinner--my son surprised me and bought a Supreme Pizza from Little Caesar's and we had chocolate ice cream for dessert. I appreciated the 'treat' of not having to fix dinner, but we had the above described feast the day after Valentine's Day and it worked out just fine! :)
ReplyDelete