I have always loved the color blue. It is relaxing and peaceful, which is nice sometimes. It's also the color of the sky and it goes on forever, so does my imagination. I love being creative and learning new things. I hope that goes on forever, too.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
AUTUMN RAIN!
Today it rained...a lot! There was also a lot of lightning and thundering. I love it when it rains! We have not had much this year and things were looking very dry and sad outside. What a breath of fresh air after the rain. It makes everything new and clean and makes me feel like making something. It also evokes very good memories for me. I like listening to the rain hitting the roof and smelling the wet earth. I feel like singing 'Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain' or 'Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head'. Reading a book and curling up with a blanket or doing some embroidery sounds awfully good. When I was little I used to sit on the porch and watch the drops hit the ground. It got a bit chilly because of the dampness. I loved riding up in the canyon of Zion after a rain to see the flood in the river. Watching the roiling waters, so angrily rushing past were a little frightning, but I remember the smell of the flood water. The roar was loud and there was lots of debris floating past. I'm sure the trees and plants are grateful for a long awaited drink, too. They seem to perk up with renewed resolve to hang on a bit longer. It is amazing to me how much water the ground absorbs when it rains, but if I watered by hand, it rolls right off, making rivers onto the sidewalk and driveway. The next day, the ground is dry again. God's way of giving the earth a soaking is so much better and way more efficient. I hope we get more rain tomorrow so that the drought will get some relief, even a little bit. I love the rain, no doubt about it! Thanks Heavenly Father for such a wonderful blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment